Global Health Advocates (GHA) France is looking for a dynamic and passionate Advocacy Intern
Advocacy Assistant (Internship)
Global Health Advocates France
Global Health Advocates (GHA) France is looking for a dynamic and passionate Advocacy Intern to join our Brussels office. The intern will assist in developing a new campaign and in the implementation of the activities carried out by the GHA team at EU level.
GHA is a non-governmental organization that focuses on engaging all sections of society to fight diseases that disproportionately affect people living in poverty, and to ensure equitable access to health. Our work focuses on making sure that the EU adequately funds and undertakes effective policies to support universal health coverage, fight AIDS/HIV, tuberculosis and malaria and put an end to malnutrition. Our headquarters are based in Paris, but the position is based in our Brussels office.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
As Advocacy Assistant, you will have the opportunity to join and bring your contribution to a small, young and passionate team in Brussels, and you will have the chance to use your policy, research, communication and social skills to support developing and building a new campaign, as well as in our advocacy work to ensure global health issues are high on the EU agenda. You will get a first-hand experience in the NGO field, working with civil society partners from different backgrounds. You will also get an in-depth experience and knowledge of advocacy towards the EU institutions. The position will be run till December 2017, starting in April /May 2017. The position is paid.
As Advocacy Assistant, you will mainly carry out activities supporting the development of a new campaign, targeting EU institutions. The campaign aims to bring people back to the centre of EU policy formulation and to ensure that EU public investments in health research and development are beneficial for its citizens and beyond.
Within this framework, you will:
● Carry out research in the field of global health and other topics relevant for the campaign
● Carry out mapping of relevant stakeholders to be involved in the campaign (EU institutions, civil society, etc.),
● Support in coordinating activities with other civil society partners
● Support in the advocacy activities towards EU institutions
● Support the development of communication-related aspects of the campaign.
In addition, you will be supporting GHA Brussels team and you will:
● Participate in relevant meetings and events and report back
● Perform other tasks within the framework of GHAs work.
● Proven interest and passion for social justice issues. Knowledge of global health and development issues is desirable
● Self-motivated, helpful and dedicated, able to take responsibility and initiative as part of a small office team
● Good understanding of the functioning of the EU institutions and decision-making processes
● Excellent drafting and reporting skills in English (other languages an advantage)
● Excellent interpersonal, research, communication and organisational skills
● Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
● Commitment to the values, vision and mission of Global Health Advocates
● Location: full-time position in our Brussels office (Mundo-B, Rue dEdimbourg 26, 1050 Brussels)
● Contract: convention d'immersion professionnelle contract till December 2017, remuneration based on candidates profile, according to Belgian legal requirements
● Starting date: preferably April/May 2017
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Advocacy Assistant*your name* by 21st of March 2017 6pm CET.
Your cover letter should highlight how your skills and experience are well-suited to the requirements of this position. Short-listed candidates will be contacted by 26 March 2017. Please note that because of limited capacity only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Vendredi 10 mars 2017 / Mardi 21 mars 2017
T. 0032 485352385http://www.mundo-b.org/fr/Associations/Global_Health_Advocates.html