Human Resources Coordinator
Climate Action Network Europe is looking for a
Human Resources Coordinator (full time or 4/5)
CAN Europe, Europe's largest coalition working on climate and energy issues, is currently seeking an experienced and dynamic Human Resources Coordinator to join our team. This position will offer the successful candidate an opportunity to be at the center of the largest movement for global change that will affect people and the planet for centuries to come.
The HR Coordinator will be part of CAN Europes admin team, and should be experienced in implementing HR procedures (payroll, contract,) and developing HR policies to improve the internal people management of the organisation and the well-being of all staff members.
Required Educational/professional qualifications:
● Relevant education, training or professional qualifications;
● Minimum 3 years experience in human resources management;
● Knowledge and/or experience with Belgian employment legislation; knowledge of other international labour regulations considered as an asset;
● Experience in risk prevention advising considered as an asset;
● Ability to develop rules and processes related to human resources policies;
● English, excellent spoken and written, and be fluent in French or Dutch;
● Organisational, interpersonal and team-working skills, flexibility, and reliability;
● Problem solving and good communication skills;
● Team-work with people from a wide range of countries and cultures;
● Management of multiple tasks;
● Experience of working with NGOs, specifically in Belgium, or in a network organisation, is considered as an important asset;
● Solid grounding in Microsoft Office applications.
Main duties will include:
● HR management: payroll, timesheets, contracts of our staff based in Belgium and abroad, recruitment.
● Support of the management regarding the development and implementation of our HR policy
● Risk prevention at work: you will become our risk prevention advisor and will be in charge of our action plan and report
● Well-being and HR development: organisation of well-being and team-building activities, support the management for the evaluation process, coordinate the implementation of our training policy
● Support ensuring an inclusive team and network
This position is based in the CAN Europe secretariat, which houses our team of around 50 staff members (30 in Belgium and the rest spread in several European countries), in Mundo-B, the sustainable NGO office space near the St. Boniface neighborhood of Brussels. This full time or 4/5 position is based on a Belgian open-ended contract.
Remuneration for the job will be between 3000 & 4165EUR gross/month depending on the years of relevant experience (from 0 to 20 years) and subject to Belgian taxes.
Extra benefits include lunch vouchers, reimbursement of local transport costs or teleworking allowance, phone costs, eco and sport vouchers.
To apply, please send your CV in English and a motivation letter in English to email@example.com with HR Coordinator as the subject line.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 19 January 5pm
First round of Interviews preferably between 24 & 28 January (online)
Second round of interviews between 31 January and 4 February (most probably online)
Expected start date: as soon as possible thereafter
Inquiries to Lionel Dehalu, head of Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org