The European Microfinance Network aisbl is looking for a Finance and Administration Officer
The European Microfinance Networks mission is to promote microfinance in Europe as a tool to fight social and economic exclusion and to promote micro entrepreneurship and self-employment. EMN has more than 90 member organizations in 25 European countries.
The European Microfinance Network (EMN) is actually seeking to appoint a full-time Finance and Administrative Officer (starting date 10/07/2017 in Brussels) to carry out the main functions and responsibilities listed here :
· Accounting and Financial Management,
· General and legal administration,
· Office Management.
Required skills :
· Finance or economics degree preferred or equivalent experience ;
· Fluent French and English;
· Excellent knowledge of Windows Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint);
· Professional experience in Treasury, accounting or office management;
· Any experience in financial reporting to the EU would be appreciated;
· A result oriented mind-set as well as the continuous improvement of financial, administrative and operational procedures while respecting specific internal and legal rules is required;
· A 2-year contract with the possibility of being extended to a permanent position ;
· An attractive salary for the sector based on the candidates experience ;
· 5 weeks of holidays;
· Reimbursement of monthly « STIB abonnement »;
· Lunch passes;
· Inclusion in the organisations bonus plan ;
· Working location in the heart of Brussels.
Please send us your application (CV+motivation letter) either in French or English (by Monday 22nd of May at the latest) to Laure Kergal (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Interviews will take place in May and early June in Brussels for a start early July.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job description below.
The Finance and Administration Officer (FAO) completes the EMN team and is responsible for most of the administrative and financial tasks that are generated through the activities of the organization. Specifically, the FAO is responsible for the accounting and financial audits; for budgeting, monitoring the budget allocations and treasury of the organization; for the general administration and office management, while remaining vigilant to the applicable legal and regulatory framework that the organization operates in. Responsibilities also include assistance in the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly reviews, assistance in the preparation of quarterly financial information for the Management, Board of Directors and donors, aid to achieving the annual external audit closely with the Director of Operations.
Description of the Tasks:
a) Accounting and Financial Management
- Assist bookkeeper to ensure accurate accountancy: allocation per donor, accounting codes and budget lines;
- Ensure that all the expenses/income are made: authorized, valid (eligibility of the invoice following appropriate legal rules), properly justified, properly entered in the accountancy;
- Assist the bookkeeper in the closure of the accountancy every month: Bank reconciliation, Cash reconciliation, Voucher with invoices, Bank book;
- Communicate accounts on a quarterly basis to the Treasurer of the Board respecting EMN procedures and deadlines;
- Manage the presentation, circulation, filing and archiving of accounting and financial documents in conformity with EMN procedures;
- Cooperate with OM and GM in the preparation of fin. Reports;
- Facilitate internal and external financial audits;
- Set up & formalize procedures for expenditure, define methods & timescales for payment according to the Belgian law and compliance with other framework contracts (e.g. EC Grant Agreement, EaSI Technical Assistance, etc.). Ensure valid purchase proofs (contracts, orders, bills, invoices, delivery receipts, etc.);
- Develop, review and update the accounting, administrative and finance manual annually;
- Assess cash-flow needs for projects and communicate forecast cash-flow to the requests of the Treasurer;
- Oversee the management of bank accounts: follow transfers, check balances, check authorized visas, etc.;
- Open/close bank accounts on the authority of the GM and the Board and establish the signatories of the accounts;
- Ensure regular cash/bank controls.
c) Budget Management
- Ensure budget follow-up on a quarterly basis: Analyse gaps between planned budgets and actual expenses, balance; Ensure match with the finance plan and anticipate financial risks; report discrepancies to OM/GM;
- Ensure that the budget information is transmitted;
- Prepare budget amendments to donors, if required;
- Establish budget proposals in coordination with the GM, the Secretariat team and the Treasurer;
- Assist the OM in the preparation of financial reports (mid-term and final) respecting contractual deadlines;
- Guarantee respect of donor procedures for fin. contracts
- Be able to give accurate answer on budgetary questions (budget lines, balance, extension);
- Permanent monitoring of use of financial resources.
d) General Administration
- Guarantee the respect of administrative and legal framework (particular focus on the labour law) in Belgium;
- Prepare & follow-up of contracts (service providers, tenancy agreement, insurance contracts, legal services, etc.);
- Ensure the compliance of all the contract signed;
- Deal with Human Resources procedures (social secretariat, insurance, IDEWE, etc.);
- Update staff members record sheets and follow-up;
- Ensure that the salary payment is accurate and made on time on a monthly basis;
- Ensure the attendance sheets are maintained (paid leave, working days, health, absences) respecting procedures;
- Develop an intern manual of employee procedures;
- Purchase ledger/receivables effectively done.
e) Involvement on horizontal operations
- Actively involved in the execution of the Annual Conference;
- Participation in Team Meetings;
- Other support to be agreed upon needs.
Other support to the team to be agreed upon needs with General and/or Operations Manager.
These responsibilities are not of a limitative character, but might evolve over time and are defined together with the employee and the employer.
Mardi 02 mai 2017 - 14h00 / Lundi 22 mai 2017 - 14h00
T. 02 893 24 48http://www.mundo-j.org/fr/Associations/European_Microfinance_Network.html