Climate Action Network Europe is looking for a Communications Assistant
Climate Action Network Europe is looking for a
Climate Action Network (CAN) Europe is Europe's largest coalition working on climate and energy issues. With over 130 member organisations in more than 30 European countries - representing over 44 million citizens - CAN Europe works to prevent dangerous climate change and promote sustainable climate and energy policy in Europe.
CAN Europes Secretariat represents and guides the network. It is one of the most active organizations engaged in lobbying and advocacy among the EU decision makers in Brussels. Its team is a group of dynamic and effective policy experts, combining enthusiasm and commitment to environmental protection with strong belief in the power of science and evidence in policymaking.
CAN Europes Secretariat is currently seeking a dynamic individual with a demonstrated interest in communications and passionate about climate and energy issues to gain professional experience in climate change communications as a Communications Intern. The position is full time and based in Brussels.
The interns responsibilities will include the following tasks:
- Contributing to the development and delivery of effective outreach strategies and narratives;
- Monitoring policy developments and the news agenda relevant to the work of CAN Europe, interpreting facts and decisions, making sense of scientific data and dry policy language, gathering and organizing information in contribution to external communications of the network;
- Strengthening online presence of CAN Europe, by developing content for the website and social media channels;
- Supporting on-going media work, including organisation of media events and updating the journalists data-base;
- Engagement in the organisations daily work, including internal and external meetings and administrative work.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Demonstrated interest in the mission and values of CAN Europe;
- Relevant professional experience and/or academic background;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English, any other European language is a bonus);
- Proven experience in writing/editing/producing communications materials and resources;
- Up to speed with the latest online communication tools.
With this opportunity, we offer:
- A temporary contract of three months with compensation convention dimmersion professionnelle under Belgian law;
- An exciting and highly motivating working environment;
- Satisfaction from contributing to climate action;
- Valuable professional experience;
- An introduction to the vast network of European NGOs.
How to apply:
Please send an email with an attached CV and a concise letter in English explaining your background and your motivation to: email@example.com with subject line Communications Intern Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
Interviews will be conducted in English. After the interviews, selected candidates will be asked to respond to a short exercise.
Closing date for applications: Monday 20th March at noon
Expected start date: 1st April.