CONCORD is looking for a Communication coordinator
Permanent contract (CDI) From 1st February Brussels, Belgium
CONCORD is the European confederation of Relief and Development NGOs. We are made up of member organisations: 28 national associations, 25 international networks and 4 associate members that represent more than 2,600 NGOs, supported by millions of citizens across Europe. We are the main interlocutor with the EU institutions on development policy. We are a not for profit organisation, registered under Belgian law as an a.i.s.b.l - Association Internationale Sans But Lucratif - (An international not for profit association).
We are the main interlocutor with the EU institutions on development policy. We aim to strengthen the impact of European development NGOs vis-à-vis the European Institutions and to positively influence the European Development policies for a fair, just and sustainable world.
CONCORD envisions a world where people enjoy their right to live free of poverty and exploitation as well as their right to enjoy wellbeing and equality. This must be achieved by a citizen-led transformative agenda based on social justice and gender equality and respecting diversity and the limits of our planetary capacity.
If youre looking for meaningful work in a confederation committed to bettering lives around the world with a team of dedicated professionals and wonderful people we would love to hear from you!
About the role
CONCORD is seeking a highly-motivated individual and deeply committed to our vision, to assume the role of Communication Coordinator, making our communication more impactful to achieve our goals.
As Communication Coordinator, you will be part of the Membership, Outreach and Communications Team made of 4 to 5 people including 1 head of department, 2 coordinators and a communication intern (until end of March 2020) and you.
The Communication Coordinator will be expected to strategise, implement and monitor all CONCORD communications. With two main goals:
1. Increase CONCORD visibility & profile and promote CONCORD messages towardsourexternalstakeholders(EUinstitutions,MediaandJournalists, Partners andallies)
2. Ensureourmembersareinformed,enablingthemtoplayanactiverolein theconfederation.
Concretely, this means:
· Develop and implement a communication strategy including social media, for the confederation (internal andexternal)
· Maintain and strengthen the public image ofCONCORD
· Develop and maintain relations with EU institutions communicationteam
· Maintain press relations and elaborate mediareleases
· Implement a coherent editorial style and tone forthe confederation
· Develop content and innovative tools to implement thestrategy
· Facilitate mutual learning and exchange withcommunication experts from theconfederation
· Prepare and/or supervise -with the help of the intern- the communication outcomes of the confederation (newsletters, social media updates, blog posts, publications, updates of the website, events, reports andcampaigns)
· Web administration (supported byintern)
· Act as guardian of CONCORDsbranding
· Coordinate CONCORDs annualreports
· Monitor the impact of CONCORDscommunications
As part of the team, you will also be expected to support the organisation of the teams and confederations events and activities, such as the General Assembly.
Here are the skills and experience were looking for:
· Understanding ofadvocacy
· Ability to prioritise while managing multiple projectssimultaneously
· Ability to work under pressure and towards tightdeadlines
· Ability to work autonomously and takeinitiatives
· Ability to work effectively andefficiently
· Ability to handle sensitive information withintegrity
· Analytical and problem solvingskills
Essential experience and knowledge
· HighereducationinHuman/SocialSciences,Communication,Developmentor similar.
· Good experience in managing online communication tools suchasFacebook,Twitter,Mailchimp,Wordpressonadaily basis.
· Knowledge and experience in civil society sector, knowledge of the development sector.
· Good computer literacy and ITmindset
· At least 5 years of relevant professional experience, includingtraining
· Native level writtenEnglish
· Good knowledge ofFrench
· Experience in working with aCRM
· Fluent in any other EUlanguage
· Graphic designskills
· Experience in working in a multiculturalenvironment
Conditions of employment including benefits
· Your gross full-time salary, depending on experience, will be from€
month (13.8 months a year)
· You will be entitled to a minimum of 20 days vacation prorata
· CONCORD also provides hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers of €7per working
day and a monthly commuting allowance in line with our green office policy (local public transport or bicycle)
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
This is a full time permanent position based in CONCORDs office in Brussels.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, disabilities, or length of time spent unemployed.
The call for applications is open until 3rd December (midnight Brussels time). An email with CV, Cover letter (1 page) and one example of your previous work (website, publication design, or any communication material you are proud of) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com the Subject: Communication Coordinator Application.
Interviews are foreseen on the 9th December. An online test will be sent to selected applicants. The final selection will be announced during the week of December 16th for a start expected on 1st February.
With the support ofthe
Monday 25 november 2019 / Tuesday 03 december 2019
T. +32 (0)2 743.87.60 / 84