The EaP-CSF is recruiting a Communications Manager
Call for Applications: Communications Manager
The Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum (EaP CSF) is looking to appoint a full-time Communications Manager to join our Secretariat team as soon as possible.
Applications received via the "Easy Apply" button will not be taken into consideration. Please send your application to the email address mentioned below.
Under the guidance of the Secretariats Director, the Communications Manager shall:
- - Develop and implement the communication strategy and communication plans with the goal of increasing the visibility of the Forum;
- - Successfully communicate the activities of the Forum externally and internally;
- - Develop website and social media content and provide regular updates to the organisations website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn channels in English (and if needed, in Russian);
- - Coordinate the communications campaigns of the Forum in coordination with the Advocacy and Policy Manager and other members of the team;
- - Write, proofread and edit all types of information material provided by the Forum to its members and external stakeholders in coordination with Advocacy and Membership Managers (e. statements, press releases, speeches, position papers, website content, newsletters, publications, etc.);
- - Support the activities of the Working Group 4 People to People contacts including the participation of members in the EaP official architecture, annual Working Group meetings;
- - Develop and maintain strong relations with media representatives, relevant stakeholders in the EU (Brussels and beyond) and EaP countries;
- - Respond to press and other communications-related enquiries;
- -Maintain and update a database of journalists and media contacts;
- - Contribute to organising events and amplify the advocacy messages of the Forum (including Working Group meetings, Annual Assemblies, conferences, workshops, seminars and other events organised by the Secretariat);
- - Manage the outsourced translation services;
- - Manage trainees;
- - Coordinate the outsourced graphic design services and audio-visual services;
- - Represent the Secretariat/Forum at conferences, seminars, official meetings and other relevant networks and fora;
- - Other duties as assigned.
- - Demonstrated knowledge of (internal and external) communications tools, strategies and techniques;
- - Strong asset: good understanding of the workings of the EU institutions, bilateral and multi-lateral tracks of the Eastern Partnership, and civil society in the EaP;
- - BA and/or MA degree in Communications, Public Relations, European Studies, International Relations or other related field;
- - Fluent in English and able to interact verbally and in writing with professionalism. Knowledge of Russian and any other EaP language is a strong asset;
- - Capacity to draft clear and concise correspondence and effectively convey messages in English and Russian (both working languages of the Forum);
- - Good understanding of website management (WordPress) and social media;
- Strong coordination, networking and ability to prioritise competing tasks;
- - Ability to produce and work with communications analytics;
- - Minimum five years of relevant working experience in an international setting in a communications role (consultancy, NGO, or an international organisation) with at least three years of working experience in Brussels;
- - Independent, problem solver, team player;
- - Excellent client and interpersonal skills;
- - Multi-tasker with strong organisational skills;
- - Flexibility to perform a wide variety of tasks in a small office;
- - Ability to travel occasionally to the EaP partner countries and within Europe.
What we offer:
- - Be part of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum, an official stakeholder of the Eastern Partnership;
- - Play a key role in influencing the policies of the EU vis-a-vis the Eastern Partnership countries and support the participants of the Forum in implementing projects aimed at facilitating the democratic and economic reforms;
- - Be part of a friendly, dynamic, and international team in the heart of the Brussels EU district;
- - CDI under Belgian law (with a 3-month probationary period);
- - Attractive remuneration and competitive fringe benefits (meal vouchers, 20 legal holidays + extra holidays between Christmas and New Year and during summer, representation and teleworking allowance, reimbursement of public transport costs, other bonuses, professional training);
Applications and interviews
If you are interested in the position, please send us the following documents:
- - your CV in English (maximum 2 pages) including the contact details of 2 references;
- - a motivation letter in English, mentioning a successful communications campaign you led or contributed to (maximum 1 page);
- - Examples of any relevant materials that demonstrate your communications experience (e.g. press release, website management and content creation, social media management or any additional writing samples or creative work);
- Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 10 February 2023, 23:59 CEST with the reference: Application Communications Manager. Only shortlisted candidates selected for the interview will be contacted.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we strongly advise you to submit your application as soon as possible.
All applicants whether EU or non-EU citizens, are considered equally. Please, note that all candidates need to have the right to work in Belgium before applying.
For further questions, please contact Pascal Willaumez (email@example.com).