CAN Europe - Offre d'emploi - Energy Scenarios Project Manager
Climate Action Network Europe is looking for an Energy Scenarios Project Manager
Climate Action Network (CAN Europe) recognised as Europe's leading network working on climate and energy issues, is currently seeking a highly motivated, dynamic and results-driven Energy Scenarios Project Manager to join our team. This position offers an opportunity to be at the centre of the largest movement for global change that will affect people and the planet for centuries to come.
The successful candidate will manage CAN Europes contribution to a project that relates to energy scenario building and increasing CAN Europe members capacity in assessing European energy infrastructure. As part of this project, CAN Europe will work on further elaborating its Paris Agreement Compatible (PAC) energy scenario which was prepared together with the European Environmental Bureau in 2019. The work includes deriving national PAC scenario findings and recommendations on energy infrastructure issues in collaboration with the CAN Europe members. He or she will thereby work closely together with other policy coordinators in the CAN Europe team, with the broad CAN Europe network and external experts. Specific responsibilities are outlined in the attached job description and below.
· Minimum 2 years relevant professional experience, including on managing multi-stakeholder projects
· Knowledge about policies as well as developments regarding energy infrastructure, renewables, energy savings and greenhouse gas emissions related to the energy sector;
· Experience of working with NGOs, preferably in a network environment;
· Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills, time management, flexibility, and reliability;
· Ability to produce results according to schedule and respecting deadlines;
· Fluent written and spoken English; excellent communication skills;
· Ability to work on multiple issues in parallel.
· Understanding of scenario development and modelling in the energy and climate field;
· Experience with broader EU climate and energy policy development;
· Experience in fundraising and reporting.
Main duties will include
· Oversee daily management of the project, e.g. coordinate activities within the work packages of the project, ensure progress of deliverables, draft progress reports etc. in close cooperation with the Energy Transition Policy Coordinator
· Represent CAN Europe towards the project consortium
· Facilitate the CAN Europe collaborative scenario building process and the exchange with professional energy modellers and other external experts in close cooperation with the Energy Transition Policy Coordinator
· Engage with the CAN Europe network to ensure participation in the further elaboration of the Paris compatible (PAC) scenario e.g. organise workshops, webinars and collect members feedback
· Support CAN Europe members in increasing their knowledge on energy scenario building and energy infrastructure issues
· Promote project results and activities internally and externally, where necessary
· Prepare briefings, reports, analysis in relation to the findings of the project
· Travel as required for the purposes of the project
The location of this position is flexible, and remuneration will be defined accordingly. If the position would be based in our headquarters in Brussels, a Belgian open-ended contract will be provided with a projected salary between 3 000,0 EUR and 3 930,0 EUR gross/month depending on the years of relevant experience (from 0 to 20 years) and subject to Belgian taxes.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Energy scenarios project manager as subject line.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 7 November midnight
First round of Interviews preferably between 15 & 19 November 2021 (online)
Second round of Interviews preferably between 22 & 26 November 2021 (online)
Expected start date: as soon as possible
Inquiries to Joerg Muehlenhoff (Joerg.email@example.com)