CONCORD is looking for a Policy & Advocacy Coordinator (Regional Alliances)
Policy and Advocacy Coordinator: Regional Alliances
CONCORD is the European Confederation of Relief and Development NGOs. We are made up of member organisations: 28 national platforms, 25 international networks and 4 associate members that represent over 2,600 NGOs, supported by millions of citizens across Europe. We are the main interlocutor with the EU institutions on development policy, funding and practice.
CONCORD is seeking a highly-motivated individual to join the Policy and Advocacy Team for a 9-month maternity replacement.
During this period, the role is to provide expert input and to support CONCORD members to shape CONCORDs advocacy work on EU relations with other regions - with the focus being on Africa. You will build on your knowledge of Africa and your contacts in the region to develop strong advocacy positions relating to key EU-Africa processes.
You will contribute to the work of the other Coordinators within the Secretariat in order to achieve our joint aim of transformational change in EU policy, funding and practice. You will support the communication team in contributing to the visibility of CONCORDs work.
Key areas of responsibility
● Coordination of, enabling and facilitating CONCORDs cross-cutting advocacy work on regional alliances and global citizenship education, including planning and reporting
● Promote political dialogue and build relationships with the EUinstitutions
● Analyse, inform about and respond to EU and international policy processes and trends that are relevant with regards to EU-Africa Strategy and EU-ACP partnership and other related processes
● Contribute to generic policy and advocacy work and internal coordination and collaboration
● Represent the Confederation in relevant governance, planning, intelligence and lobby meetings
● Support the peer-to-peer capacity-building of members to better engage in national, EU, partner country and international advocacy initiatives
The candidate will understand and be committed to CONCORDs vision and goals and be able to contribute to CONCORDs ambition to pursue a transformational agenda at EUlevel.
● Academic background or professional experience in the development and/or human rights sector
● Sound understanding of gender equality and digitalisation trends in development cooperation
● Good understanding of EU policy-making and influencing processes andstrategies
● At least 7 years of professional experience (excluding internships) specifically in policy and advocacy work
● On-the-ground experience working in one or multiple African countries
● Experience in advocacy towards the EU with proven track record of policy and advocacy successes
● Experience of writing briefings or reports on international cooperation or related issues
● Experience of organising events and coordinating different entities.
● Politically astute, with well-honed policy analysis skills and an ability to translate that analysis into strategic advocacy positions that imply transformativechange
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and collegial approach, including tactful but effective facilitation to build consensus
● Strong planning and organisational skills, particularly the ability to plan and execute research that contributes to advocacy positions
● Team player; proactive; self-starter
● Capable networker, able to coordinate and operate effectively incoalitions;
● Confidence and fluency in communicating to external audiences on CONCORDs work in your areas of focus
● Fluent level written and spoken English; working knowledge of Frenchdesirable
Conditions of Employment:
Contract: 9-month maternity cover position (CDD).
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Gross salary: from €3579 per month, depending on experience
Other benefits: holiday allowance; hospitalisation insurance; affiliation to pension scheme; meal vouchers and a monthly commuting allowance on local public transport or by bicycle pro rata for the period.
The position reports to the Head of Policy and Advocacy.
If you are interested, please send a CV (max. 2 pages, no photo) and a cover letter explaining your motivation and fit (max. 1 page) to: email@example.com. Please note that only applications and CVs written in English will be accepted.
The closing date for applications is 29 October 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The interviews will take place during the week of 9 November.
Vendredi 09 octobre 2020 / Jeudi 29 octobre 2020
T. +32 (0)2 743.87.60 / 84