Climate Action Network Europe is looking for several
CAN Europe, Europe's largest coalition working on climate and energy issues, is currently seeking at least two experienced and dynamic Communication Coordinators to join our team. This position will offer the successful candidate an opportunity to be at the center of the largest movement for global change that will affect people and the planet for centuries to come.
The communication coordinator will be a part of CAN Europes communications team, and should be experienced in developing communications strategies, narratives and key messages for advocacy and campaign work, and content creation for the communications products.
Required Educational/professional qualifications:
● Minimum 3 years relevant professional experience, preferably in communications, journalism/press or media relations;
● University degree or equivalent qualification preferably in communications, journalism or public relations;
● Working knowledge of EU institutions and processes, and in particular of climate, energy and environment policy;
● Excellent level of written and spoken English; additional EU languages considered an asset.
● Experience of working with NGOs and in the climate and energy fields are considered as important assets.
● Be able to work on a self- employed (consultancy) contract basis
Experience, skills and abilities
● Experience writing, editing and proofreading in English, with a proven ability to manage the production of various types of high quality print and digital media products;
● Demonstrable experience of using digital and social media to achieve campaign/advocacy objectives;
● Ability to prioritise and manage diverse tasks, meeting deadlines while maintaining high editorial standards;
● A good team player, flexible, coupled with ability to be self-reliant and self-disciplined, and use ones own initiative and to generate new communication ideas;
● Solid grounding in Microsoft Office applications, as well as tools such as CANVA, WordPress, Miro and Mailchimp;
● Experience of working in a network; internal communication skills desirable;
● Knowledge of, and existing base of contacts with European news media is an important asset.
Main duties will include:
● Responsible for external communications;
● Writing, editing and dissemination of press releases and other documents, responding to media enquiries;
● Organising production and editing of paper and digital publications; liaising with policy officers to generate online web articles;
● Manage content and updates to the website ( www.caneurope.org );
● Maintain a contact databases of experts and journalists;
● Descriptive reporting to funding organisations;
● Develop/liaise and maintain contacts with the media
The location of this position is flexible, and remuneration will be defined accordingly. If the position would be based in our headquarters in Brussels, a Belgian open-ended contract could be provided with a projected salary between 2940 and 4080 Euro gross/month depending on the years of relevant experience (from 0 to 20 years) and subject to Belgian taxes. Depending on the location of the position, a self-employment contract could be more appropriate.
To apply, please send your CV in English and a motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with Communication Coordinator as subject line.
Closing date for applications is p referably Wednesday 4 August at 5pm, but we welcome both early and late applications
First round of Interviews preferably between 9 & 13 August 2021 (online)
Second round of interviews between 16 and 20 August 2021 (online)
Expected start date: as soon as possible thereafter
Inquiries to Cristina Dascalu, Communication Coordinator, email@example.com
Inquiries to Nina Tramullas, Communication Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org