Finance & Administration Officer (Part-time) - Brussels
Seas At Risk (SAR) is an umbrella organisation of environmental NGOs from across Europe that
promotes ambitious policies for marine protection at European and international level. We represent
32 member organisations in 17 different European countries. The SAR Secretariat comprises of 10
staff members, 8 of whom are working from the Brussels office. We are a diverse team but share a
passion for the sea. We are currently working on many issues that range from fisheries, aquaculture,
greenhouse gas emissions to shipping, marine litter, deep sea mining and EU-level marine
More information at: www.seas-at-risk.org.
SAR is looking for a part-time (70%) finance and administration officer to support our team.
- Processing all invoices and expenses claims;
- Preparing payments, credit control;
- Preparing bookkeeping documents or assistance in bookkeeping;
- Supporting in financial control, supporting preparing financial reports and audits;
- Keeping financial records accurate and up-to-date;
- Copying, scanning, printing and filing;
- Assisting in other financial and administrative tasks if and when necessary.
- Proven work experience as a finance and administration officer or similar role;
- At least a bachelors degree in related field;
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills;
- Sharp organizational skills;
- Experience using accounting software (Winbooks) is a plus;
- Excellent English (spoken and written);
- Fluent in either French or Dutch (spoken and written) is a plus;
- Solid IT competences (especially MS Excel, Word, office 365 and Google Docs);
- Ability to learn new tools quickly;
- An eye for detail, can work independently but also a team player
- Ability to handle pressure and deadlines
What we offer
Seas At Risk offers the opportunity to work in a small but growing NGO with a stimulating, informal, flexible and multicultural working environment.
The post is based in Brussels, part time (70%), with a contract of two years, to start as soon as possible.
We offer a competitive salary, including a 13th month, lunch vouchers, pension scheme, net allowance
and coverage of public transport and train travel in case of commuting within Belgium.
SAR is committed to the principle of Equal Employment Opportunity for all employees, regardless of
sex, marital status, nationality, religion, age, sexual orientation and any other characteristics unrelated
to the performance of the job.
How to apply
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with in the subject line Finance & Administration
Officer your name:
a cover letter explaining your motivation and how you meet the job requirements,
contact details of two referees.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 20th October 2019.
Interviews will be conducted 28-29 October.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.