Job opportunity: Network Developer at Food & Water Action Europe
Link to the job offer here: https://www.foodandwatereurope.org/our-mission/food-and-water-europe-staff-and-contacts/network-developer/
Organization: Food & Water Action Europe / Food & Water Watch
Job Title: Network Developer
Location: EU, preferably Brussels, Belgium
This is a full-time position.
Food & Water Action Europe is working to create a healthy future for all people and generations to comea world where everyone has food they can trust, clean drinking water and a livable climate. Making this happen requires involving people in the pressing issues of our time at the local, national, and EU level, building on one win after another, as we develop a larger movement that has the political power to make our democratic process work.
The network developer at the European office works to stop new gas infrastructure in Europe and to keep fossil fuels in the ground.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 4 September.
The successful candidate will be expected to start as soon as possible.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Please include your CV and a cover letter.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Liaise and maintain contacts with grassroots movements across Europe campaigning against fracking, natural gas, gas infrastructure and fossil-gas based hydrogen.
- In coordination with the rest of the team, build a strong base of organizations and individuals in support of our campaigns against fossil fuels.
- Facilitate and coordinate coalitions and networks with grassroots movements and NGOs across Europe.
- Work with the rest of the team to develop strategic campaign plans including long- and short-term goals, strategies and tactics.
- Maintain familiarity with a diverse set of issues and research products, and respond to information requests from activists, coalition members, policy makers and media.
- Collect, analyze, edit and produce reports.
- Develop education materials such as factsheets, action alerts, web site content and newsletter articles on various campaign issues.
- Provide research on policy and advocacy issues as required.
- Attend and speak at meetings and public events, as relevant.
- Organize jointly with other NGOs public events or conferences
- Reports to EU Affairs Director
- Carry out other projects, as assigned.
- Experience: At least three years of experience in grassroots/field organizing, and/or advocacy on public policy.
- Knowledge: Good understanding and experience of campaigning. Pan-European campaign experience and experience with organizing, advocacy and legislative strategy; familiarity with EU institutions, policies and legislative process is highly desirable; knowledge of consumer and environmental issues; experience working with the media.
- Knowledge of food, water, climate and energy issues a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to adapt for a variety of audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills for building new relationships and an ability to work well with a wide variety of people and to coordinate diverse tasks in an often high-pressured environment
- Ability to present technical concepts to a mass audience.
- Ability to think creatively and quickly to respond to legislative developments and to take advantage of breaking news.
- Demonstrated leadership capability.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Works well under pressure and capable of multi-tasking efficiently.
- Knowledge of online activism/social media and email listserves a plus.
- Strong initiative, ability to manage own work program without close supervision.
- Minimal level of administrative skills required.
- Conditions: Flexible and independent working style, with long hours and travel possible.
- Language: Excellent English writing, public speaking and presentation skills, ideally along with fluency in other European languages (especially French, Spanish or German).
What we offer
We offer a competitive NGO salary plus meal vouchers, 13th month, hospitalization insurance, 20 vacation days plus compensation days and public transport.