The European Microfinance Network is looking for a Membership Officer
Job title: Membership Officer
Organisation: European Microfinance Network
Position based in: Brussels, Belgium
Contract duration: 6-month appointment, with possibility of extension
Starting date: March 2021
The EMN Membership Officer (MO) is, in principle, based in Brussels and is part of the EMN Secretariat. S/He reports directly to the Partnership Manager / General Manager.
The MO is responsible for planning, writing, designing, and executing integrated strategies to grow membership. Goals include, but are not limited to: increasing number of new members, increasing retention, and building a strong prospect database.
Further, the MO will:
- Ensure and increase members participation in EMNs activities, and specifically in the General Assembly and the Annual Conference;
- Articulate the members needs into activities / event designs;
- Identify expertise among the membership in order to favour mutual learning;
- Support members in proposal writings to respond to open Call for projects.
The MO will also be involved on different operational activities of EMN like the organization of the EMN Annual Conference & other events, the delivery of the Technical Assistance programmes and the coordination of respective working groups. No staff supervision is initially foreseen for this role. The MO may be asked to travel within Europe for roughly 3-5 yearly trips. In general, homeworking is possible (and mandatory during the Covid-19 pandemic).
- Prepare and execute marketing campaigns to attract leads using traditional and digital mediums.
- Establish event-based triggers and monitor engagement rates across nurturing campaigns.
- Work with staff to organize membership efforts, including developing projects and initiatives to increase recruitment.
2. Membership Acquisition
- Develop and launch campaigns to convert prospects to members.
- Collaborate with staff to leverage programs and activities to ensure acquisition content is fresh and relevant.
- Implement annual Member-Get-A-Member campaign to engage existing members in membership recruitment.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to leverage outreach opportunities.
3. Membership Renewals
- Prepare strategies to boost retention rates.
- Coordinate with staff to ensure consistent membership messaging.
- Working with the team, launch series of new member communications among first- and second-year members to increase member retention.
4. Membership Engagement
- Mount projects with members
- Lead and write project proposals
- Use data-backed analysis to respond to trends and call for proposals.
- Work with staff to implement a process for ensuring database is current.
5. Other Responsibilities
- Manage and coordinate the respective Working Groups
- Report on all aspects related to the previous tasks on a regular basis.
- Contribute to the content of the EMN Newsletters, CRM, website and social media tools.
- Participate in the respective Team Meetings and activities.
- Other responsibilities as determined by the General Manager.
These responsibilities are not of a limitative character but might evolve over time and are defined together with the employee and the employer.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, communications, business administration, or a related field.
- Relevant work experience (1-3 years) on membership development, ideally in a professional association environment.
- Work experience in the microfinance / social finance sector. In the case this experience was developed in Europe it will be considered a plus.
- Knowhow in writing copy for membership acquisition and retention as well as executing and managing traditional and digital campaigns.
- Knowhow of increasing membership
- Full professional proficiency in English. Other languages will be considered a plus.
- Excellent writing and oral communications skills.
- Proven project management skills with ability to execute and deliver on multiple projects.
- Know-how on project writing for EU and / or international funding programmes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Enthusiastic, creative self-starter who can multi-task.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to get along with diverse constituencies and personalities, including members, staff, and contacts at external organizations.
- Ability to work in a small team with an international profile.
- Legally fit to work in the EU/Belgium
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The MO will be based at EMNs office at: Avenue des Arts 7-8. 1210 Brussels, Belgium.
This is an appointment for 6 months, with the possibility of extension. Ideally the selected candidate starts in March 2021 in the organisation. This is a full-time role (38h/week) and remuneration will be agreed with the preferred candidate commensurate with skills and experience.
The successful candidate will receive an employment contract under the Belgian law. Holidays of 20 days are available on the first year. In addition, EMN provides a subsidy for travel between home and workplace, meal tickets, hospitalization insurance, bonus scheme and other representation expenses.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 18:00, Brussels time, on 10th February 2021. Only the candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. Interviews shall be held in February 2021.
Please enclose with your application a Curriculum Vitae (maximum two pages) and a Motivation Letter highlighting your suitability for the job. Failure to provide these documents will lead to an automatic rejection of the application.
All your documents will be treated confidentially and shared only with the recruitment panel of EMN.