MHE Administrative & Finance Officer
JOB TITLE: Administrative & Finance Officer
Mental Health Europe (MHE) is recruiting an Administrative & Finance Officerto be employed on a part-time basis (50%) in its head office in Brussels, Belgium.
About Mental Health Europe
About Mental Health Europe
Mental Health Europe is a European non-governmental network organisation committed to the promotion of positive mental health, the prevention of mental distress, the improvement of care, advocacy for social inclusion and the protection of the rights of (ex)users of mental health services, persons with psychosocial disabilities, their families and carers. More at: www.mhe-sme.org
The Administrative & Finance Officer reports to MHE Head of Operations and provides them with support with the organisations financial and administrative systems, procedures and operations.
Primary duties and responsibilities
· Oversee compliance with administrative requirements as a Belgian aisbl
· Maintain external relationships with service providers to ensure the efficiency of the office systems, supplies, premises and equipment (MHEs office being in a serviced building, this task represent a minimal part of the Officers duties)
· Contribute to the organisation of meetings, conferences, events and actions
· Other administrative tasks as occasionally required.
· Support the external accountant with general accounting and bookkeeping in line with Belgian accounting practices and standards
· Process invoices, project-related expenses, staff claims and prepares payments
· Draft and assist with budget preparation and updates, financial reports and audits
· Contribute to the preparation of financial statements for donors and processing and retention of documents in accordance with donors rules and regulations
· Ensure compliance with regulations (internal and donor-related) for procurement of goods and services and record-keeping.
· Prepare monthly payrolls
· Manage timesheets
· Monitor HR developments according to Belgian laws and regulations
· Liaise with the Social Secretariat and insurance companies on other relevant matters.
· University or High School degree in accountancy and finance, business administration, or other related studies
Competencies and experience
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in a role very similar to this position
· Experience in Belgian book-keeping and accountancy
· Experience with EU funds
· High proficiency in use of software systems: Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and accountancy systems
· Previous practice in managing procurement of goods and services
· Experience in managing payrolls and other employment and social measures (contracts; leave management, etc.) according to Belgian employment and social regulations
· Experience with organising the logistics for different types of events: seminars, workshops, etc.
· Outstanding organisational and prioritisation skills, with focus on accuracy and attention to detail
· Flexibility, adaptability, and willingness to suggest improvements to workflows and processes
· Professional fluency in oral and written English and good knowledge of French.
· All applicants must be qualified, eligible and able to work in Belgium
· Experience of working in an NGO environment preferably at EU level
· Experience with Winbooks
· Additional EU languages are an asset
Terms & Conditions
· The possibility to contribute to better mental health for all;
· Work in a friendly and flexible working environment at the heart of the Brussels EU district in a small, dynamic, inclusive and international team;
· Permanent 50% part-time contract (2,5 days per week/19 hours) with possibility for increase further on;
· Possibility to work according to a hybrid working arrangement: partly in-office and partly tele-working;
· A competitive monthly gross salary according to experience;
· Hospitalisation insurance, pension scheme, contribution to public transport, 13th month, teleworking allowance, and lunch vouchers;
· MHE is an equal opportunities employer.
Applications should be submitted to MHE Head of Operations Liuska Sanna: email@example.comPlease specify in the email subject Application - Administrative & Finance Officer.
All applicants must be qualified, eligible and able to work in Belgium. We are unfortunately not able to provide financial assistance to relocate to Brussels/Belgium. Applications should include:
· A cover letter (no longer than 1 page) describing how the candidates profile matches the different job requirements and what the motivation for the post is.
· A CV, including details of two persons who can be contacted for references.
Closing date for applications: 26th March 2023 Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis
Dates of interviews: 30-31 March 2023
Starting date employment: as soon as
We thank you in advance for your interest in our vacancy. However, due to the large number of applications foreseen, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.